Kidney stones are caused due to presence of solid substances in the urine. These solid substances get crystallized forming stones. Stones often move down the ureters or tubes to the bladder and block the outlet, thereby stopping the passage of urine through the urethra.
This results in swelling of kidneys and excruciating pain in abdomen or groin. The formation of stones may lead to passage of blood in urine and severe dehydration. Kidney stones are referred to as renal calculi, and the condition is referred to as nephrolithiasis. There can be several types of kidney stones: calcium stones are formed when calcium solidifies along with other substances like oxalate, phosphate or carbonate. This is the most common form of kidney stone. Cystine stones are common in people suffering from cystinuria. Struvite stones and uric acid stones are the other two types.
SYMPTOMS OF KIDNEY STONES
- Severe pain is felt in the side, groin and thighs as the stone tries to pass through the ureter into the bladder.
- Painful urination with scanty volume of urine.
- Presence of blood in the urine.
- Constant urge of urination.
- Feeling of nausea, vomiting including frequent chills.
CAUSES OF KIDNEY STONES
- Metabolic disorders producing excess oxalates and amino acids in urine.
- Incomplete detoxification due to insufficient drinking of water.
- Excessive intake of acid forming foods and animal proteins.
- Inheritance of a disease called Hypercalciuria.
- People suffering from chronic inflammation of the bowel may also develop calcium oxalate stones.
HOME REMEDIES FOR KIDNEY STONES
In most of the cases, the kidney stones get dissolved and are flushed out of the body through different treatments and medications. Occasional surgical interventions are required to eliminate the stone. Home remedies are also effective in flushing out the stones from the body naturally.
1. Drinking tender coconut water several times throughout the day helps in dissolving the kidney stones.
2. Taking a teaspoon of basil juice and honey every morning continuously for six months helps in expelling the kidney stone.
3. Drinking plenty of water helps in increasing the volume of urine and decreasing the concentration of the chemicals in it.
4. Dairy products, leafy greens and other food items those are rich in calcium must be taken in small amounts.
5. Watermelon taken as a whole or in the form of juice is beneficial in this problem.
6. Boiling few figs in water and drinking it in the morning for one month is an effective home remedy for kidney stones.
7. Regular intake of celery leaves prevents the formation of stones and is beneficial for those who are prone to this disorder.
8. Grapes have high content of water and potassium salts and low concentration of albumin and sodium chloride, regular intake of which produces excellent results.
FOR MORE DETAILS ON OUR KIDNEY STONES TREATMENT