Menstruation is the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of non- pregnant women. The fertility of women is totally dependent on the normal menstrual cycles. Female sex hormones like estrogen and progesterone control the menstruation cycle and help in the normal functioning of the reproductive organs. Problems in menstruation arise with excessive bleeding, pain and cramps in the uterus, irregular menstrual cycles etc. These problems in general do not pose any threat to the fertility of the women, but causes extreme discomfort to carry out regular activities. Problems in menstruation are most troublesome at the onset of puberty when the body starts adjusting to the hormonal fluctuations and subsides gradually in due course of time.
SYMPTOMS FOR MENSTRUAL PROBLEMS
Menstrual problems are diagnosed by the following symptoms –
1. Excessive bleeding resulting in weakness of the body.
2. Moderate to severe pain in the lower abdomen.
4. Loss of appetite.
5. Nausea and vomiting
CAUSES OF MENSTRUAL PROBLEMS
Menstrual problems are mainly caused due to the fluctuation of the levels of estrogen and progesterone hormones, secreted from the ovaries. Deficiency of calcium in blood and severe anemia are other contributing factors to this problem. Cysts and fibroids in uterus also cause menstrual problems.
HOME REMEDIES FOR MENSTRUAL PROBLEMS
Home remedies are very effective in treating menstrual problems, and these have been practiced through generations.
1. Ginger is a common kitchen herb that is very effective in treating this problems. Drinking the decoction of ginger adding little sugar, thrice a day provides relief from menstrual problems.
2. Drinking juice of parsley leaves helps in treating this problem. Juice from carrot, beet, cucumber and parsley also help in reducing the menstrual cramps.
3. Eating cooked banana flowers with curd reduces the menstrual bleeding.
4. Drink prepared by boiling 2 teaspoonfuls of dried safflower seeds in 120 ml. of water is highly effective in this treatment.
5. Drinking a decoction coriander seeds in water treats excessive bleeding during menstruation.
6. Drinking a glass of milk, adding half teaspoon of cinnamon powder helps n reducing menstrual cramps.
7. In a cup of hot water, add half teaspoon of powdered sesame seeds and drink it twice daily. This treatment provides relief from spasmodic pains during menstruation.
8. Juice from the bark of the mango tree produces wondrous results in treating menstrual problems. A mixture is prepared by adding 10 ml of the juice in 120 ml of water. A teaspoonful of this mixture should be given to the patient in every alternate hour.
9. Drinking a decoction prepared by boiling 15 grams of Rough Chaff in one-fourth liter water is very useful in treating menstrual problems.
FOR MORE DETAILS ON OUR MENSTRUAL PROBLEMS TREATMENT